At the Centre for Synchronous Leadership (CSL), we are committed to protecting your Personal Information.
Collection of Personal Information
CSL collects information outside the public domain that identifies you as an individual (“Personal Information”) in order to provide services to our clients and to operate our business / think tank. The type of Personal Information collected varies based on the service offering:
- During our services, we may collect Personal Information such as your contact details, CV / Resume aspects (e.g., job title, work history, education), career aspirations, developmental objectives, and any other personal or professional information you choose to share with us.
- Diversity and inclusion is an important feature of our brand. We will sometimes request demographic information, such as your birth date, gender, ethnic origin, etc. This is used for the purposes of statistical analysis in the field of diversity and inclusion or to monitor the diversity and inclusion of our client offering.
Please do not provide us with any Personal Information if you do not agree with this Policy.
CSL uses the Personal Information collected to support the delivery of our Services as a business and think tank, including the following scenarios:
- Providing Quality Client Service: The Personal Information we collect serves as a base for providing you and / or your employer with holistic, transformative leadership experiences. This may involve the provision of client assessments or summaries tracking client development over time.
- Research / Business Analytics: We may retain and use Personal Information about you for benchmarking, pattern analysis, product development, or to improve and enhance our existing service offering. The patterns we observe across leaders, businesses, and sectors, when compared with your own Personal Information, generate insights and form a significant part of our thought leadership and client offering. Under such circumstances, the end product is aggregated and anonymised such that you cannot identify any individual – as a result, it is no longer considered Personal Information.
- Third Party Sub-processors: CSL may use third parties to perform outsourced operational functions on our behalf and also provide services to us. This includes suppliers and Associate Coaches / Consultants who comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as CSL.
- Business Operations: Basic details (e.g., your name, date of service delivery, etc.) may be included in operational records such as procurement and financial transactions.
- Law: We may also release Personal Information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so.
- Marketing: We do not use a database to send out marketing e-mails. Rather, our clients come from personal, long-term relationships or referral. However, clients who have registered for our leadership community will receive automated invitations to events and seminars that are included with their package. Occasionally, we will include guests who have expressed an explicit in participating. As a client or guest you may choose to opt out at any time.
If we wish to use your Personal Information for a reason that is not listed above, we will seek your explicit consent.
The nature of how your Personal Information is disclosed varies based on the circumstances:
- During the provision of our Services, we may disclose Personal Information to the client who has engaged our Services in relation to you (i.e., your employer). If so, this will be transparent and based on the parameters of our initial contracting. We will not share your Personal Information with any other client.
- Occasionally, we disclose Personal Information to an Associate providing services on CSL’s behalf. All CSL Associates are required to sign a confidentiality contract, and only have access to Personal Information relating to the specific projects they contribute to.
- CSL uses third-party suppliers to provide services such as event registration, survey administration and IT consulting. These suppliers only have access to the data required for the provision of their service.
Any Personal Information you choose to share is done so voluntarily. However, if you do not wish to share Personal Information, you may be unable to participate in our services. We retain your Personal Information for the period of service engagement and for an additional three years beyond this. This creates continuity of experience for clients who engage us on and off over a long period and value our historical perspective. In the case of research, we may need to retain information longer to substantiate the validity of study findings.
You are entitled to ask CSL to stop using your information. In general, we make every attempt to satisfy requests for data access or deletion from data subjects. If your request involves deletion of your file, please be aware that in some circumstances, we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or includes financial information that we need to keep for accounting purposes. Where we are unable to comply with your request, we will provide reasons for not doing so.